Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Luke 24:3-6

Good morning!

Luke 24:3-6: They went in but did not find the body of the Lord Jesus. While they were perplexed about this, suddenly two men stood by them in dazzling clothes. So the women were terrified and bowed down to the ground. "Why are you looking for the living among the dead?" asked the men. "He is not here, but He has been resurrected!"


I know this seems like a strange Scripture for Winning Souls Wednesday but that question the angels asked just jumped right out at me. That used to be the epitome of my life: looking for living things among dead things, thinking they would bring me joy. More than anything, I felt dead inside and desperately wanted to feel alive. I believe that is what everyone wants when they really think about it.

My mom got involved with a group when I was a teenager called the Landmark Forum. I have vague memories of it but after Googling it, I see a lot of people felt the same way I did back then. It is a cult! Self-help seminar, derived from Scientology, give me your money to obtain a revelation kind of cult. I remember them telling me I wasn't opening my brain up to them and then the other memory was the leader saying he could heal anyone's headache just by visualizing the pain and in layers, believing it to go away. They even tested it on a girl and of course, her headache went away as everyone was staring at her. What else was she going to say?! Thankfully, we did not stay long but looking back, all those people were just in search mode. Trying anything and testing whatever they could to feel alive and loved.

As we are about to celebrate Easter this weekend, I am reminded of my journey. Before Jesus, I always looked to dead, cold, inanimate, and lifeless things to fill me. After Jesus, the truth that He died on that cross for me isn't the end of the story. He doesn't rot in that tomb, dead and cold and inanimate and lifeless. He was raised from the dead and is alive! He is not a ghost that can never be approached. He is not a story trapped inside a book. He is not a deity that was with men thousands of years ago but we are left on our own. No! He is real, flesh and bone and sitting at the right hand of His Father, praying for you right now. Stop looking for the living among the dead!

Later that day, Jesus came back to His disciples and showed himself them since they still didn't believe He was alive. He said in verse 46: “This is what is written: The Messiah will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, and repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. You are witnesses of these things. I am going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high.” Jesus fulfilled this promise just for you! I promise when you realize and come to the truth that He is alive and He is what you've been looking for, your old life dies away and a new creation is born! It's an amazing feeling to feel alive and be able to envision a bright future. I was existing before Jesus but not truly living. As I look back, I always wonder...why did it take me so long?! 


Happy Easter everyone!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't wait to hear from you!