Thursday, October 8, 2009

John 20:27-29

Good evening! This was meant to go out yesterday for Winning Souls Wednesday but of course I am late. I blame everything on my kids! ;)


John 20:27-29: Then He said to Thomas, "Put your finger here and observe My hands. Reach out your hand and put it into My side. Don't be an unbeliever, but a believer." Thomas responded to him, "My Lord and my God!" Jesus said, "Because you have seen Me, you have believed. Those who believe without seeing are blessed."



It took me a long time to believe and I feel like I went through many times where God was trying to show me His hands and asking me to put my hands in His side. But I just kept walking away and I kept ignoring Him. I was an unbeliever. In order to get my attention, He had to take over my mind one morning in the shower and gave me a vision that blew my socks off. Finally, I had seen His hands...I had felt those nail holes...I touched His pierced side. I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that He was real. I saw Him and I believed.

But it makes me so excited when I think about my children and their opportunity to believe without seeing. They will grow up very different than I did and hopefully, they will know in their hearts way before I did that He is their Lord and their God. They will be blessed in more abundance than I will ever be and have unspeakably awesome favor for their entire lives. Because they will believe without seeing. This is my prayer for them.

He will show you His hands and you can touch His side that was pierced for you. Don't be an unbeliever...be a believer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't wait to hear from you!