Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Psalm 55:22

Good morning!

Psalm 55:22: Cast your burden on the LORD, and He will support you; He will never allow the righteous to be shaken. (HCSB)


I can't tell you how many times I have been shaken so bad that I was on the verge of falling. How many times I have stumbled. How many times I have taken the wrong road. How many times the right road seemed so bumpy.

So why was I so shaken if God promises that I wouldn't be? Because I never followed the first part of His command. I left the casting part out. I held on to my troubles for whatever reason. I wanted His support but I failed to give up my burden which was the one thing that was making my life so lost, so bumpy and so shaken.

The Hebrew word for cast is shalak and the literal definition is to throw, cast, throw away, cast off, shed, cast down. That throwing word keeps popping out and sticking in my mind. I am a very literal person and I like to see things so I can better understand. Maybe the next time my burdens are weighing me down and are getting to heavy for me to carry, I will literally take them off of my back, claiming this Scripture and praying over my problem, put them in a huge sack, tie it real tight, say my goodbyes and physically launch them up to God! He promises that He will catch them and forever take them from you. He promises He will support you. He promises if you do this, He will never allow you to be shaken!

It would ne nice to walk without feeling like you are about fall. The road is clear in front of you. You are light and free and without worry. You are dealing with problems with a clear head and a firm heart. You know your God is on your side and knowing that feels oh so good!

Get your big bag ready for that next burden seeking to weigh you down and cause you to fall over. Don't be shaken so bad that it causes you to leave the One who can support you and sustain you. He is the Almighty Catcher waiting for your best fastball!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't wait to hear from you!