Monday, October 5, 2009

Revelation 21:2-4

Good evening!

Revelation 21:2-4: I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."


I just love the loving, almost romantic tones to this passage. God truly longs to see us, His church, beautifully dressed for Him. I seriously cannot wait for this to be our reality. To be able to dwell, to reside, to exist with God in the Holy City will be the end to all of our problems. No more tears, no more pain, no more death, no more crying. The old way that you are used to will no longer be.

This song describes this passage perfectly and when I listen to it, I can almost see the sky opening up and the new Jerusalem coming down. I can feel the tears being wiped away from my eyes. I am reminded of my eternal home that is awaiting me. I can see my loved ones that I have been separated from for far too long. I am pure and righteous before my God. I live with Him and He lives with me...forever.

"For eternity...all my heart will give...all the glory to Your name."



No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't wait to hear from you!