Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Luke 1:46-49

Good morning!

Luke 1:46-49: And Mary said: "My soul glorifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior, for he has been mindful of the humble state of his servant. From now on all generations will call me blessed, for the Mighty One has done great things for me—holy is his name.

Once Mary questioned the angel of how she would give birth being that she was a virgin and once she heard that the Holy Spirit would overshadow her and make her pregnant, I'm sure she thought all of this sounded very crazy! So the angel gave her even more information. He told her of her relative Elizabeth who was thought to have been barren was in fact 6 months pregnant! With this example, the angel proclaimed, "For nothing is impossible with God!" So what did Mary do, she hightailed it to Elizabeth's house to see if this was true. She told the angel she believed him but she just had to see this for herself! And as soon as she got there and greeted Elizabeth, her child leaped in her womb, I am assuming for the first time. The first time feeling your child moving and kicking is the most amazing feeling in the world! When Mary saw this, her heart couldn't hold in her song any longer.

In my experience, God has never given me information without following it up with evidence, directions, or guidance of some kind. He has never left me to figure out things on my own. I always feel him there with me, leading me down the right path and giving me the little nuggets of hope I need to carry on. Mary had the biggest news ever delivered to her so she definitely needed confirmation that she wasn't crazy. This was happening! There is nothing impossible with God! God's Will is always accomplished!

Mary finally realizes after seeing the miracle of Elizabeth getting pregnant that what the angel said was going to happen. The world was going to be changed forever...and it was beginning with her. Her soul rejoiced and her fear was replaced with singing and praise. From now on, all generations will call her blessed, not because she carried Jesus in her womb and gave birth to the Savior of the world. Elizabeth told her, "Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished!" She believed! Her son was about to be born and she believed His Kingdom would never end! She trusted God even though she had no clue why He chose her, a humble servant.

Believe what God is telling you today and trust what He says will be done! He has done great things for you that will continue on for generations and generations. His miracle isn't done yet though...stay tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't wait to hear from you!