Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Luke 2:8-12

Good morning!

Luke 2:8-12: And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord. This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger."


I remember getting the call that my nephew was being born. I rushed to the hospital to find the rest of my family waiting outside my sister in law's room. We weren't allowed in but we knew it was going to happen soon. Hayden was the first grandchild. My first nephew. I had no kids at the time and I was so excited to meet him. We were all huddled together...quietly listening through the door. We heard the doctor, "One more push!" We hear Diane lightly moan....and then there is Hayden! Nothing like a newborn cry! We all busted out in laughter, tears, and cheers! His birth was such good news to our family and he brought us great joy.

So when I think of these shepherds, working all night with their flock, I wonder if they were waiting for their Savior to come. Wondering when it might be. Hearing rumors and hoping that He would come in their lifetime. All of a sudden, the glory of God shone around them and the news they had longed to hear was being spoken...to them! The ultimate baby shower was being held not too far away and God was inviting them! Can you just imagine the anticipation they felt as they walked towards that manger? There is just nothing more precious than seeing a sleeping, wrapped up, peaceful newborn baby. The innocence and sweetness is overwhelming. I cried as soon as I saw little Hayden, all wrapped up. His little button nose, pink cheeks and pouty little mouth. Love overtook me just looking at him. Can you imagine how quickly the strength left the shepherds knees as they stood there, staring at Christ the Lord?

The miracle continues tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't wait to hear from you!