Monday, March 30, 2009

Psalm 34:4-5, 8, 10

Good morning!


Psalm 34:4-5: I sought the LORD, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears. Those who look to him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame. Taste and see that the LORD is good. The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the LORD lack no good thing.


For a few years now, when I have prayed for wisdom or help in some area of my life, God has always answered me..."See Me, Seek Me." I really thought I was so when this kept coming to my mind, I realized I must not be doing a very good job if He had to keep telling me over and over again! I am a little slow sometimes!

I thought if I was praying everyday then I was seeking after Him. That wasn't exactly the case. Giving Him 5 minutes in the morning is not what I call seeking the Lord. So, I started studying more, memorizing Scripture, listening to other preachers, filling my head and my heart with all things God. My fears faded and I felt stronger and able to face anything that came my way. I imagine I am much more radiant now since God's Word brings such joy to my heart. The more you seek after Him on a daily basis, the more you find yourself being filled to the brim with goodness. You begin to see God everywhere and in everything and you really can see that the Lord is good.

Once I started seeking more and more after Him, He started saying "See Me, Seek Me" out of the blue, while I wasn't praying. I thought that odd until I realized why. The first time I heard this out of the blue was on my way down to my Grandma's house for Christmas a few years ago, where we learned that she was ill and ended up being diagnosed with cancer. All of our family was shocked and came together to pray for her. I remembered what God told me on the way down there and realized He was trying to warn me. If it weren't for that warning, I may have been terribly frightened and unable to pray effectively. But I knew God was in control and was thankful that He gave me a heads up.

He has said that to me several times after that and it always is followed with something or someone to pray for. When I hear that from Him, I start seeking and wait for His answers! I love The Message version of this so I will end with that. Have a great week everyone!

God met me more than halfway, he freed me from my anxious fears. Look at him; give him your warmest smile. Never hide your feelings from him. Open your mouth and taste, open your eyes and see— how good God is. Young lions on the prowl get hungry, but God-seekers are full of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't wait to hear from you!