Tuesday, March 31, 2009

1 Peter 2:2-3

Good morning!


1 Peter 2:2-3: Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation, now that you have tasted that the Lord is good.


I thought this was a good follow up to yesterday's verse. Now that you are seeking after God and you have tasted His goodness, it's hard not to keep wanting more! Every 3 hours my newborn babies were hungry and once they got the hang of drinking, they loved their milk! It fed them, filled them, nourished them, and grew them (too quick in my opinion!). Once I tasted all of God's goodness, I craved more and more! And just like a baby, I began to grow and mature. I started to speak and ask questions. I started walking down the paths He is leading me on and now I can run and dance in the blessings He has given me. We can't stay babies forever...we must grow and become what God sees we can be. But it all starts with that pure spiritual milk that gets us hooked. God knows when you are ready to move to more solid foods so just keep drinking! I think I am just now on Stage 2 baby foods, slowly eating more as my appetite is getting bigger. One day I'll be sitting at a table with Him, enjoying the richest of foods in celebration! So I have a long way to go but that is the fun part.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't wait to hear from you!