Thursday, July 21, 2011

Matthew 11:28-30

Good morning!

Matthew 11:28-30: “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”


The Lord was speaking verse 30 to me this morning as I laid in bed and listened to my kids already up early and watching TV. Over and over again. It takes me a little bit to get the hint. Oh, maybe I need to write about this this morning! I looked back at previous Quick Words and I had already written about this two summers ago. But I think because there are so many people who are weary and burdened right now that it needs to be addressed once again! 


We all know this Scripture; it is one we hear a lot. But check out The Message version! 
"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me - watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fighting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly."


Oh man that is good! Don't you just love God's Word?! Two years ago, I wrote about this Scripture because I was going through a lot at once. House problems, work problems, kid problems. All at once fell on top of us. But this version of the Scripture goes deeper than that doesn't it? How many people out there are tired, worn out and burned out on religion? How many people are so entangled in their lives that they can never get away and spend just 10 minutes alone with God? How many people feel like they have reached the end of their rope? How many people just want to let go of the rope altogether? Just drop the rope!! Go with God and get away with Him. He is the only prescription for recovery. Walk and work with Him. Watch how He does it! I bet you will find that how you were doing it is all wrong. His whole goal is to teach you how to live freely and lightly while doing His Kingdom work. I don't know about you but I am so ready to learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I am ready for my load to be lightened. I am ready to get away with Him and recover my life. I am ready to take a real rest. Jesus said, "Come to me." Will you come?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't wait to hear from you!