Monday, July 18, 2011

Romans 8:14-15

Romans 8:14-15: For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God. The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.”

We've been singing this awesome song in church the past few weeks and I love it so much I wanted to share it with the world.

In honesty, I have not been living up to my true potential and birthright lately. What an honor it is to be called a daughter of the King and yet I take for granted a lot of the privileges that go with that title. I neglect the accessibility through prayer to my Father daily. I allow myself to exist in a weakened state instead of claiming the power that rose Christ from the dead. I unknowingly share in His glory; just a little bit still counts! Most of all, I put other indulgences in front of the King of the Universe. As you can see, I have a lot of work to do! But that's okay because we all do!

This song speaks to the true meaning of Christianity which is relationship. What a true relationship between a son or daughter with his or her Father should be. Acknowledging the freedom we have from the mistakes our earthly families made in our lives. Taking hold of the victory that is ours because of what the Father asked His only Son to do at the Cross. Thanking Him for driving the darkness out so that we could see again and for all eternity. There is nothing in the world that can separate us from His love but we sure do take the scenic route a lot of the times, don't we?!

It is my goal to reconnect back to my Father and step back into the role that I know He sees for me. I want to start seeing myself as the Princess He created me to be. The daughter who has a divine purpose and position to adhere to in His Kingdom. I want to make my Abba proud!

Love has a Name. Turn back to Your Father and reclaim your sonship today! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't wait to hear from you!