Friday, July 29, 2011

Isaiah 40:10-11

Good morning!

Isaiah 40:10-11: See, the Sovereign LORD comes with power, and he rules with a mighty arm. See, his reward is with him, and his recompense accompanies him. He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young.


Sometimes your day just doesn't go as you had planned. Well, it seems my whole week has been like that! I haven't slept a full night all week, this heat wave is making every one cranky, my children are stuck inside and because of their boredom, they decide to attack their poor mother, and because of their loud attacks every day, I think I got my first migraine yesterday and haven't felt well since. I feel run down, overused, beat up, weak. I try my best to have a good attitude but within minutes, I am defeated once again and the day gets longer and longer and worse and worse.

As I read this Scripture this morning, I realized that a lot of my problems stem from me trying to do everything on my own. I don't recognize that my Shepherd is right beside me the whole time. He comes with Power and yet I don't claim it as my own. I reach out to Him out of desperation once everything has slid downhill instead of asking for Him to fill me with His power while I am still on top of the hill, facing the day ahead of me.

This morning, I will let my Shepherd gather me in His arms this morning and hold me close to His heart. And God knows I need to be gently lead since I have 3 year old triplets attached to me at all times, making my hair gray and testing my mouths propensity to spew out curse words. :)

I hope your week has gone better than mine, but if not, know that your Shepherd is there for you and He comes in Power! He tends to His loved ones, He gathers them to His heart as He carries them and He gently leads those who have young. The moms all over the world thank you for that Lord! Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't wait to hear from you!