Wednesday, August 26, 2009

1 Corinthians 13:2-3, 13

Good evening!

1 Corinthians 13:2-3, 13: If I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so that I can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. And if I donate all my goods to feed the poor, and if I give my body to be burned, but do not have love, I gain nothing. Now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.


I got to experience the band Hillsong live last night and this is the name of their new album. Faith + Hope + Love. The only way I can describe it was being a fraction of how the angels worship Him all day long. I never felt so close to Him as I did while I was praising Him with all of those people! It was really amazing. But they showed this video that went along with their new CD and it really got me thinking. I've always loved Chapter 13 of this book but I usually skim over this part and go straight to the famous description of love.

God has really opened my eyes to the importance of what is in our hearts. Are we doing everything that we can think of to appear "godly" or "Christ-like" on the outside but our insides are rotten? Do we fill our heads with "knowledge" and study so hard that we sound like Billy Graham but treat those closest to us as strangers? Are we really examples of Christ's love to those who really need to see it?

The one thing that all humans have in common is our need for love. God is really showing me that not only do people across the world need love, but there are people in my own family who need love. Am I going to focus only on me, or am I going to reach out in love to those who are closest to me?

Having faith and hope is so important...but more important is to have love. To be love. To show love. Does everyone in your family know that you love them? Do they all know that you love Jesus? Are you loving your neighbor like your brother?

God's love is life changing and He thinks it's the most important thing of all. Get Hillsong's new CD and I promise it will start to open your hearts to all the love God has for you. You'll have no choice but to start loving on some people!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't wait to hear from you!