Monday, August 10, 2009

Isaiah 7:9

Good morning!

Isaiah 7:9: If you do not stand firm in your faith, then you will not stand at all.

Don't be surprised when you decide to walk this path where you follow Jesus that you will be given many opportunities to fall away...to quit...to make mistakes...to make the wrong decision. You will stumble...you will fail...you will fall, I promise you that. But will you get back up and stand firm to your faith? No matter what is going on around you. No matter how bad you messed up? Will you quit and leave when the going gets tough? Or will you stick it out and finish the race?

We all will fall short but if you don't get back up and learn how to stand though it, you'll never be able to stand at all. It is those tests and trials that we go through that teaches us how to stand firm so that we will be able to stand through it all. You think what you are going through is bad...there is always something bigger and worse around the bend. That is life.

Each trial I have faced felt like the worst ever...but I stood through it and never let my Jesus go. I survived and my faith grew. But the next trial was way worse...but I get through it...I stand firm. Maybe that is why I love this song so much. "Stand through the rain, stand your ground. Stand up when it's all crashing down."




No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't wait to hear from you!