Thursday, August 6, 2009

Revelation 3:20

Good evening! I am late with the Winning Souls Wednesday edition. Better late than never!

Revelation 3:20: Listen! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and have dinner with him, and he with Me.


I don't know if this happens to everyone but it did with me and my husband. I can remember a long time ago hearing my name being called but I was all by myself. I heard it clear as a bell...Allison. Go get your Bible. Unfortunately, I said no. I did not open that door when I heard His voice and subsequently, I went hungry for years after that.

I also remember one night laying in bed and my husband asking me if I had called his name. I was almost asleep...so it wasn't me! He didn't open the door at that time either. But thankfully, Jesus always waits outside that door. Thankfully, we weren't too late.

Did He call your name too? Maybe He is saying something else to you. But because of this Scripture, I believe Jesus is always speaking. But are we always listening?

I love that what He really wants to do is have dinner with you! Intimate...fulfilling...special...fellowship...connection...relationship. All over some good food and drink!

JESUS ROCKS! I hope you open the door and let Him in today. Don't wait so long like Kris and I did. Life is too short...don't let another day get away from you without knowing what it feels like to sit down and dinner with the Savior of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't wait to hear from you!