Monday, August 31, 2009

Isaiah 48:17-18

Good morning!

Isaiah 48:17-18: This is what the LORD, your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel says: I am the LORD your God, who teaches you for your benefit, who leads you in the way you should go. If only you had paid attention to My commands. Then your peace would have been like a river, and your righteousness like the waves of the sea.


I am sure I have more times than I can count where I did not pay attention to what God was saying to me. But one stands out above all the rest. I cannot know for sure but I believe it could have been a turning point in my life where peace would have flowed like a river and righteousness would have crashed over me like waves.

God spoke to me as I laid on my bed, curled up in a fetal position. I was lost...alone...scared. What He said was so simple and I am sure it was for my benefit...it probably would have changed my life. "Get up and go get your Bible." I said no. Not only did I not pay attention and act like I didn't hear Him, I answered back and refused the benefits He had for me. He was trying to lead me in the way I should go but I refused.

I ended up back on His path but I took the long route and trust me, it was not so scenic. Maybe if I had known who was speaking to me back then I would have listened. The LORD of heaven, my Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel thought I was important enough to guide and protect and love and save. He knew exactly what I needed at that moment in my life. All I had to do was pay attention.

I hope you don't make the same mistake I did. God has done amazing things in my life and I am blessed and highly favored. But every now and then, I think back to that day. I will always wonder what could have happened that day. What miracles could He have done? Where would I be right now if I would have gotten up and did what He asked me to do? I hope that is one of the things He will show me one day. But I will have to live the rest of my life wondering what could have been. Peace and righteousness can be yours...the Lord is speaking to you...let the river and waves flow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't wait to hear from you!