Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Psalm 123:1-2

Good evening!

Psalm 123:1-2: I lift my eyes to You, the One enthroned in heaven. Like a servant's eyes on His master's hand, like a servant girl's eyes on her mistress's hand, so our eyes are on the LORD our God until He shows us favor.


I've been learning lately through lessons and personal experience that ALL of my blessings and desires can and will come from the One enthroned in heaven. I heard a pastor define favor as "uncommon advantage". I don't know about you but I've been needing a lot of uncommon advantage lately in my life. It's nice to know that when I need it, all I have to do is lift my eyes to Him and wait until He shows it to me!

Why is my first instinct to worry instead of pray? I waste so much time and effort trying to fix things on my own when all I need to do is look up. If I would just learn to envision myself as a servant girl, watching and waiting for my Master's hand that beckons me to come. If I would see myself as a servant who relies solely on my Master to give me all that I need, I would be watching His hand at all times! But somehow I forget...for some reason my gaze slips down, back to the world.

So if you need some "uncommon advantage" in your life and can't seem to find it, maybe it's time to start lifting your eyes to the One enthroned in Heaven. Just wait...the favor will come.

What are your eyes fixed upon?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't wait to hear from you!