Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Luke 21:27-28

Good evening!

Luke 21:27-28: Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. But when these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is near!


I was praying this morning about what Scripture would be today's Winning Souls Wednesday and was surprised when the Lord dropped this into my mind. It didn't sound very much like a Scripture I would use to lead people to Him. When I think about the end times, I tend to get anxious and my mind wanders around the "what ifs" and the "how is it's". The world is bad enough right now and still the Lord tarries. How bad is it going to get before when we finally do see that magnificent cloud beaming gloriously in the sky?

But this Word speaks of not a scary time but of a joyful time! His children won't be shuddering in fear but standing courageously with heads lifted high. While the world is suffering, our chains are falling off and freedom is ours for eternity. The world will be afflicted with God only knows what kind of sicknesses while we are receiving our new bodies that will forever be perfect.

The more I think about it, the more I can see now how this is the perfect Scripture to lead people to Him. Jesus is coming and I think He is trying to get us ready. Verse 33 of this same chapter sums it. Jesus said, "Heaven and earth will pass away but My words will never pass away." I hope these words that He spoke over 2000 years ago will bring you to realize that they are true for you too. Your redemption is near!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't wait to hear from you!