Monday, July 20, 2009

Matthew 5:13-16

Good morning!

Matthew 5:13-16: "You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt should lose its taste, how can it be made salty? It's no longer good for anything but to be thrown out and trampled on by men. You are the light of the world. A city situated on a hill cannot be hidden. No one lights a lamp and puts it under a basket, but rather on a lampstand, and it gives light for all who are in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father in heaven."

I love salt! I pretty much put salt on everything, even fruit. It brings out the taste in everything that I eat. I enjoy food so much more when it is salty! So I like to imagine myself as salt, being something that people like to be around and look forward to tasting. I like to think I bring out good in people and make things better when I am around. I hope that there is Someone inside of me that just oozes out to other people. They can't put their finger on it but they want to taste more of it!

Jesus is all light, there is no darkness in Him. So if He lives in us, His light should be shining forth from us at all times, illuminating the path for others to find Him. That is the whole reason why we are here and why we have come to know Him as Savior. If it were just for us, then the Kingdom wouldn't grow! It's our job to be the salt and the light of the world. Don't let your light be hidden under a "blanket". Don't let your salt lose it's taste. Let everyone see Jesus in you and give God all the glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't wait to hear from you!