Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Matthew 11:28

Good morning!

Matthew 11:28: "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."


I will promise you that knowing Jesus as your Savior is the best feeling in the world. There is no other love like His. I can also promise you that even though you know His love, it doesn't exclude you from having trials and troubles. There are some days where you feel that you are forgotten. Some days seem too tough to handle. Everything seems to always come crashing around you at once, and over and over again! I remember having days like that before I knew Jesus' love. I was hopeless, never knowing if my circumstances were going to change. Never knowing if good was going to come.

I have had a rough past 5 days. Saturday, our A/C in our house went out. July in Texas is not a good time to go without air conditioning. Nothing we could do until Monday since it was a holiday weekend. So we packed up and moved in with my mom, triplets, dog and all! We also realized Saturday that our dryer had gone out too. So that was supposed to be fixed Tuesday. Monday came and it was my first day back at work, starting a new job. The kids' were starting daycare for the first time and we were busy getting them ready in the morning. I missed them so much and was so ready to see them by the end of the day. As soon as we got them home, the throwing up began. All three kids at the same time. Kris and I were going back and forth, cleaning up puke. Comforting babies. It didn't make things any better being that I was also sick! We scrambled to find arrangements for them yesterday since they would not be able to go back to school. It's been a crazy weekend and the week didn't start out like I had planned and wanted it to. But, the dryer got fixed, the A/C got fixed, the kids got better and we only had to survive one night of puking.

God took care of us. We were weary and we knew we had a place to go to get rest. We knew we would make it through. That is the priceless assurance of having hope. You can have it too by knowing Jesus as your Savior. Yes He takes your sins away. Yes He can heal you in every way. But He also has made Himself an open door, where you can always come and find rest. If it's been awhile since you came to Him and found rest, then I bet you have been weary long enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't wait to hear from you!