Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Romans 12:21

Good evening!

Romans 12:21: Do not be conquered by evil, but conquer evil with good.


Evil needs only a crack in the door to be able to come in. You won't even know it has entered at times. But before you know it, evil has taken over. It's won and you are conquered and you wish you could just go back and make sure that door was closed.

I wish I could not only go back and close that door today, I wish I could deadbolt lock it!

But you can't go back, you can only go forward. You can turn around, face your back to that evil, and simply decide to do good. That good will push that evil right back through the door, just like that. You can conquer it, no matter how long that door has been open. No matter how long that evil has been winning, you can be victorious.

Don't let it get the best of you...get the best of it by doing good.

That is my goal from now on...no more striding the fence. No more questionable movies. No more leaving that door unlocked. I have too much to lose and I will not be conquered. Good will ooze out of me at every opportunity and I will conquer over what is trying to destroy me. Thank you Jesus for giving us a way out and second, third, and fourth chances!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't wait to hear from you!