Thursday, July 2, 2009

Psalm 23:5

Good morning!

Psalm 23:5: You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil, my cup overflows.


"The presence of my enemies" can mean so many things! You don't literally have to have an army beating down your door, waiting to attack you. Many things can feel that big to you: financial problems, marriage problems, self-esteem problems. Life is full of "the presence of my enemies"! Some days it seems like it's too much to take and even before you get out the door in the morning, you've already lost.

But God says He prepares a table for you right in front of, face to face with your own personal enemy! While that presence is bearing down, meant to destroy you, God says, "Take a seat! And not at just any old table. Sit at the King's table with Me." And while you are safely seated at His table, He will anoint your head with oil. The Hebrew word for anoint here is dashen, and the literal translation is to be fat, grow fat, become fat, become prosperous, anoint. While "the presence of my enemies" are waiting to attack, I am getting filled and becoming fat with prosperity...so much so that I am overflowing! Hallelujah!

The next time you sense that problem is turning into "the presence of my enemies", stop and see the table that God has prepared just for you. He is there with you...let Him anoint your head with oil and fatten you up with goodness and prosperity. You will be overflowing with Him so much those enemies won't stand a chance!

1 comment:

  1. Allison,
    I needed this part of His Word today. Thank you for reminding me that my enemies (and you know what they are:( don't stand a chance with His awesome power in my heart. AMEN!

    ReplyDelete

Can't wait to hear from you!