Tuesday, June 30, 2009

1 Peter 5:6-7

Good morning!

1 Peter 5:6-7: Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.


Next week, I'll begin working outside of the home, back in the mortgage business that I have been out of for two years. A lot has changed in two years! I've been worried lately about how I am going to do. Will I remember everything? Will I struggle in a job that I once excelled at? Will I be able to handle the pressure and stress of that job and still be able to be there for my family as a wife and mother? But in the midst of all those questions, I know that God's mighty hand is above me. I believe He can lift me up and help me to excel when everything around me says I am supposed to struggle and fail. I will give all these concerns over to Him. Why? Not because I am not strong enough and not because I am a weakling who can't handle any kind of problem. Because God cares for me! He doesn't want me to live each day, struggling on my own and taking care of everything I need to do, while being weighed down by anxieties and fears. He will gladly take them from us if we would just humble ourselves and give them over to Him. Knowing that those concerns are off my mind now, I can look forward to next week instead of being fearful of it coming. I love The Message version of this Scripture so I will close with it. I feel it speaks directly to me and I hope it does to you too!

So be content with who you are, and don't put on airs. God's strong hand is on you; he'll promote you at the right time. Live carefree before God; he is most careful with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't wait to hear from you!