Wednesday, June 3, 2009

John 7:37-38

Good morning!

John 7:37-38: On the last and greatest day of the Feast, Jesus stood and said in a loud voice, "If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink. Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him."


Dried out, cracked and brittle was a really good way you could have described me...pre-Jesus! I always had an attitude that made most people standoffish of me and even intimidated. The years of being dried up on the inside began to show on the outside. It felt like I could never get well inside. I knew something was wrong with me but could never put my finger on it. I had heard the truth from my mom and others throughout my life but nothing ever seemed real until I made the choice to step out in faith and go to a small church that was being held in an elementary school. The moment I stepped into His house, I felt different. His presence was all around me and those streams of living water started flowing in me, watering every dry branch, filling every empty hole, and hydrating me from the inside out.

I believed in Him and suddenly, His Spirit was creating a new me! No longer was my exterior hard and cold. No longer were my insides falling apart. There was new life inside of me, nurturing and growing gifts and passions and dreams. I was made whole once again, no longer whithering away but flourishing and beautiful!

Are you thirsty? I was. Is nothing satisfying that emptiness that you feel in your gut? Me either.

Jesus said all you have to do is come and drink...He will do the rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't wait to hear from you!