Wednesday, June 17, 2009

John 14:5-6

Good morning!

John 14:5-6: Thomas said to him, "Lord, we don't know where you are going, so how can we know the way?" Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him."


Most people can really relate to the words in the song, Amazing Grace. "I once was lost, but now I'm found. Was blind, but now I see." Without Jesus, I had no clue where I was going. I remember vividly after I got married, my step-mom asked me what I was going to do. Was I going to stay in this job or go back to school? What was I going to do with my life? Didn't I have a plan? She was worried about me and those are important questions to ask. I guess I thought getting married was the fix it solution. I thought it was going to solve the emptiness that I felt inside. Of course it did not, and six months after I got married, when I tried to picture my future, all I could see was darkness. Honestly, I tell you that I was sitting at my desk in our little apartment one day, looking out the window and trying to envision in my mind my future, and I couldn't see a thing. I am a really good daydreamer too, but I could come up with nothing. I remember thinking that was really strange. My mind had never been black before. I am almost certain it was so black so that I could finally realize Who could make it light.

Jesus is the way. Whatever train He is moving on, trust me you want to catch it! Jesus is the truth. Everything else you try to cling to will fail you, but His Word never disappoints. Jesus is the life. You are lost until you find Him and are blind until you see the Light. Following His way and truth and life brings you to God the Father. How awesome is it that through Jesus, we can know God Himself!? There is no other God besides Him and Jesus provides the ladder to get to Him...for all eternity!

Do you not know where you are going? Have you lost your way and are struggling to get back? Cry out to Jesus and He will show you the way. He will show you the truth. And He will show you the life you were always meant to live! Come out of that darkness and join me in the Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't wait to hear from you!