Tuesday, June 2, 2009

2 Timothy 4:2

Good morning!

2 Timothy 4:2: Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage - with great patience and careful instruction.


I think this should be my mission statement for this blog. It describes exactly what I believe God was wanting me to do through it. By writing and studying His Word for almost a year now, I've been able to know and discern what is truth and what is make believe. I feel more prepared now to stand up for what I believe when the occasion presents itself. I feel like I now have the right words to say when a friend needs help or has a prayer need.

But I believe we are all called to preach the Word! Who else is going to stand up against all of the false doctrine and wishy-washy lessons being taught in this world today? As Christians, we have to be prepared in good times and in bad to use His Word effectively to further the Kingdom. Now this does not mean beating someone over the head with your Bible. Correct, rebuke and encourage with great patience and careful instruction!

This world is getting worse by the day but it is up to us to preach the good news, to spread His Word to hurting people all across this country and this world...starting with the people you see every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't wait to hear from you!