Monday, June 29, 2009

Psalm 46:10-11

Good afternoon!

Psalm 46:10-11: Be still, and know that I am God...The LORD Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress.

I love when storms roll in. I love standing outside, listening to the trees painfully sway in the rising wind, watching the sky turn all sorts of colors, and seeing the beautiful but awesome lighting rip across the sky, illuminating everything in a way you've never seen before. When storms roll in physically and spiritually in your own life, things are very similar to the weather storms. Unfortunately, you don't get the opportunity to stand outside and watch it roll in and then go inside and hide from the devastating effects! Even though the storms come and hurt as we go through them, God is always with us. It is scary and terrifying, painful and crushing. But if we would just be still through it and know that He is with us, that He is our fortress, and simply that He is, then riding out that storm won't seem as bad.

I hope you are not in the midst of a storm right now, but if you are, I hope this song brings you comfort. I hope you are able to praise Him while you are hurting and scared. Trust me, you will get through this and you don't have to do it alone.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't wait to hear from you!