Thursday, June 4, 2009

Psalm 147:10-11

Good morning!

Psalm 147:10-11: His pleasure is not in the strength of the horse, nor his delight in the legs of a man; the LORD delights in those who fear him, who put their hope in his unfailing love.


I've been struggling with the decision of going back to work full time (outside the home!) for awhile now. I hate the thought of leaving my children with someone else to raise them, someone else to play with them, someone else to love on them. When I pray I find myself sometimes spouting off to God the things that I can do best for them, my talents in going back to work, my thoughts on all things! So maybe this Word is just for me today. I don't think God cares to hear all about what I can do or want to do! I believe He is waiting for me to put my trust in Him, respect His authority in my life and surrender everything over to Him. Instead of praying for what I need to do, I need to start placing this situation over into His hands and asking Him to work it all out. He delights in those who fear Him, not in ones who rely more on their own abilities and then ask Him to help them out when they aren't strong enough! He delights in the ones who puts their hope in His unfailing love, not ones who worry and hold onto their children like they are their possessions.

Whatever your situation may be, it will never work out for good until it is fully handed over to God with great respect and reverence, and you let go of the reigns and hope and trust in His love for you. He loves my children more than I do...He created them! He has a plan for them and from past experience, His plans don't always line up with my plans! I am so thankful I was able to stay home with them as long as I have. We've survived for two years on one pretty small income only by the grace of God!

I believe He is moving and He is not impressed with any skill of mine that is for sure! I only move along with Him because of His great love for me and my family. I will continue to keep Him first in my life because without Him, I am nothing. And I know that He will bring the right job along and the perfect person to take care of my children...because He loves me...forever and ever. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't wait to hear from you!