Thursday, May 7, 2009

1 Thessalonians 5:23-24

Good morning!

1 Thessalonians 5:23-24: May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it.


Just think of all the times that He has been faithful to you. EVERY thing He has ever said to me was the truth. EVERY thing He said would happen came to be. EVERY way He directed me to go was the right way. So that leads me to believe that the biggest thing He has ever said would happen, will happen. Jesus is coming back and coming soon. He is faithful to His word...He will do it!

How important it must be for our lives to be purified through and through! You don't just wake up and are automatically blameless. It is a process that you must consciously strive to achieve each day. It takes time and persistence and work. It is your choice on how you live each day. You can allow sin to overtake you and then ask for forgiveness. Or you can recognize your stumbling blocks and try your best to avoid them. At the end of the day, you won't feel like you are begging to be forgiven but more thankful to God for helping you through. Every day can be a little bit better than it was before. We will never be perfect but we can live lives that are peaceful, purified and blameless.

This is my new challenge. I want to be ready when He comes back for me; He said He would and He will! I know what my pitfalls are and I can avoid them if I set my mind on it. And God himself, the God of peace will help me...through and through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't wait to hear from you!