Monday, May 18, 2009

Psalm 52: 8-9

Good morning!

Psalm 52: 8-9: But I am like an olive tree flourishing in the house of God; I trust in God's unfailing love for ever and ever. I will praise you forever for what you have done; in your name I will hope, for your name is good.


Here are some interesting facts I've learned about an olive tree this morning. Olive trees are long-lived with a life expectancy of 500 years. There are some that are ancient and date back 2,000 years or more. Not only do they produce fruit but they also blossom beautiful flowers. Their gnarled branching pattern is also quite distinctive. The trees are also tenacious, easily sprouting back even when chopped to the ground.

Not a bad tree to liken one's self to right?! I can see now why it's leafy branches are used as a symbol of abundance, glory and peace.

The more I trust in God's will for my life, the more my trunk gnarls and twists and continues to grow, in it's own distinctive pattern. Even when I am cut down by life, I will easily sprout back up again. Every harvest, I will produce fruit and display my beautiful flowers for all the world to see. When my life is over here on earth, my olive tree will still be growing through my children. I will always tell them of the good He has done. My children will know where my hope comes from and I will continue to flourish long after I am gone.

For ever and ever, I pray I am like an olive tree flourishing in the house of the Lord. Resilient, tenacious and distinctive are the words I want to be described as long after I am gone. I pray my mark here on this earth is felt for many years to come.

Hope in Him, for His name is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't wait to hear from you!