Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Ephesians 6:12-13

Good morning!

Ephesians 6:12-13: For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.


I can do all the things I can think of to keep my children safe. I can feed them good food, put sunscreen on them, keep them away from other kids who are sick, baby proof my house to try and eliminate major injuries, take them to the doctor for every sniffle and fever. But all these things aren't going to stop them from getting cancer if that is what is supposed to happen. I can't prevent tragedies if that is God's will.

I don't need to take a stand against keeping my kids safe. It is the evil thoughts that are trying to take over my mind and keep me from being the mother I know I need to be that I need to take a stand against. My children belong to God and there is nothing that can happen to them on this earth that would be impossible for God to heal or change. But He can't do anything with them or through them if I am keeping them hold up in my house til they are 18 (or 21!), being fearful of anything and everything that might hurt them. If I am letting these evil thoughts control the way I raise my children, then I am ultimately hurting them by never letting them actually live.

I pray I never have to see the day when my children are sick or hurt more than I can care for them. But if they are, I know having my full armor on will be all I need to stand through it instead of cowering in the corner through it. Whatever your struggle is, know that deep down, it is not the people or things around you that are the problem. It is the evil forces behind the scenes, that you cannot see, battling in the heavenly realms to steal your peace, your joy, your life!

I imagine just like in today's military when a soldier sees his enemy defenseless and unprepared, it is the best time to strike, quickly and powerfully disabling them until they are defeated. But if they see their enemy is armed, smart, ready, and standing their ground at all times, their attack may take longer to come together and there would be no way of a sneak attack!

No one is spared their share of evil days. We all see them come...it is inevitable. So when your day of evil comes, be ready. Put on your full armor of God and take your stand. See through the world around you to the evil behind the scenes. That is your real enemy who wants nothing less than to destroy you!

Stay tuned tomorrow and you'll learn what the armor is made of!

1 comment:

  1. Excellent word, Allison! We don't have to feel helpless or confused about our fears. We simply do all that God has instructed us and then He gets to come in and amaze us. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Can't wait to hear from you!