Friday, May 1, 2009

Romans 4:17

Good morning!

Romans 4:17: As it is written: "I have made you a father of many nations." He is our father in the sight of God, in whom he believed—the God who gives life to the dead and calls things that are not as though they were.


God promised a son to Abraham and Sarah, even though they were passed the childbearing years. Can you imagine how crazy that must have sounded to them?! Sarah even laughed when she heard the angels say in a year's time, she would give birth to a son. I bet the reason God chose this time in their lives to bring Isaac forth was so that they could see with their own eyes that He could do anything. Just because they couldn't see a way for this to happen, doesn't mean God didn't already have it all figured out. He can make a way where this is no way.

Another example is me! My reproductive parts were literally dead. My fallopian tubes were either missing or damaged. There was fluid leaking into my uterus from my one fallopian tube making it impossible for me to conceive a child. Doctors said they would need to do surgery. My chances of ever carrying my own child were slim. We tried 3 times! Nothing... We could conceive the children just fine. I was able to make lots of babies but none would stick. Should we use a surrogate, adopt, give up?!

No, God told me years before I would be pregnant. I would be pregnant! Not someone else. It would happen and so in faith we tried again. And God definitely called things that were not as though they were! Not only was I able to carry one baby, I carried three babies. And God definitely gave life to the dead. I was encouraged to abort at least one of the babies because the risk of carrying triplets was great. I could deliver early, the babies might be disabled, sick, even die. But I carried them passed 34 weeks with no problems whatsoever. I gave birth to three healthy, big babies who only needed to stay in the hospital a total of 10 days. They are equal to a full term baby physically and developmentally...you would never know they were premature.

God gives life to the dead and makes things that are not as though they were. There are no limits to what He can accomplish. Have faith...even if what you are believing for is way out there! People make think you are crazy but if the Lord has spoken a word, He will make a way, in His timing, for His glory.

Abraham against all hope believed and became the father of many nations. What more is in store for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't wait to hear from you!