Monday, May 11, 2009

Ephesians 6:10-11

Good morning!

This week I'll be covering The Armor of God from Ephesians 6:10-18. This is one of my favorite passages from God's Word. Everytime I read it, I seem to pick up something new from it. I hope by the end of this week, we are all stronger and are faith is built up and we are ready to stand our ground against anything that may come our way!

Ephesians 6:10-11: Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes.


There is a recurring nightmare in my head and it has seemed to get worse the more I come in contact with families who are losing their children or fighting with them through terminal diseases. What will I do if I lose my children or husband? How will I survive without them? I just don't think I would be strong enough to go through what some of these ladies are battling through, seeing their children sick and in pain and even dying. This is one of my biggest struggles but I am sure it is not for everyone. I will use this example all week long but just insert your own biggest trials. We all have things we struggle with. We all have reasons why we need to put on the full armor of God. Get yours in your mind and determine to study with me this week on we can overcome this together!

I read these stories and blogs of these families losing their precious children and I am telling you, I weep like a little baby. My heart feels like it is breaking and I say out loud to God, "I don't know how I could survive Lord. There is just no way!" Part of that is correct. I am not strong enough to survive such a loss on my own. There is no super human strength in me that would be able to keep me going. My mind would be mush, my heart would be in such pain, and that heartache would physically shut my body down. But God promises that I can be strong in Him. I can find all that I need to survive through Him and Him alone. He is mightily powerful and we can use Him to keep our minds clear, our hearts won't completely fall apart and the pain won't crush us to death. Think of your battle and admit out loud that you can't do it on your own. But be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power!

I have three healthy children and haven't had to face anything close to what these women are living with. The truth is this is not my reality so why is it something I think about all the time? Why do I have nightmares about it? Because the devil knows exactly where to hurt me. He knows what pushes my buttons and keeps me in a state of fear. If I am in fear, I am not where God wants me to be. He knows what weapons are at my disposal, but as long as I am cowering in fear, I have lost and he has won.

God has given us armor that will protect us from anything the devil tries to throw our way. He seeks to destroy your heart, your soul and your mind. We must believe that we can be strong against anything he throws our way, and we must put on the armor before the attack comes. I did not and have been wounded by the images in my head of my children dying or being sick. But no more will I let the devil torment me like this. I am taking a stand now. God's armor is impenetrable. It has no weak spots and it will never fail you.

Now that we are strong in the Lord and have put on our armor, stayed tuned tomorrow to find out exactly what are struggles are really against and why we need to take our stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't wait to hear from you!