Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Zephaniah 3:17

Good afternoon!

Zephaniah 3:17: The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.


This is one of my favorite Scriptures in the Bible. I know I have done this verse before the blog started but it just brings a smile to my face!

I really look forward to my mornings before the kids get up. I can pray, read, journal...whatever I want to do. By 7:00 or 7:30, I usually know what Scripture will be the Quick Word of the day and I start writing. I am usually done an hour later, just about when the kids are getting up. I then go spend the rest of the morning with them...in a perfect world! This morning did not go as planned! You know when they are up before 7:00, it's not going to be a good day. I really did try to read my Bible in there with them, but once a few pages had been ripped, I knew it wasn't going to happen! How dare I not give my full attention to them?! :)

They slowly turned into monsters and lunchtime couldn't come soon enough! Finally, I had them eating and I decided to end the morning on a good note. I brought out my laptop and pulled up on YouTube some worship videos and let them watch them. I sang to them and we all praised the Lord together. I cried as I watched them raising their hands high towards the sky. I know they don't know what they are doing yet, they are just mimicking Mommy but they will one day!

And just like that, my monsters disappeared and we were laughing, singing and dancing. God quieted us with His love and I know He was singing right along with us! It's amazing what a little worship can do. It's amazing how much better you feel when you step out of the way and let God move in and love on you.

This will be one verse my children will know by heart...God is mighty to save! He takes GREAT delight in you!

Enjoy this video that we watched today and I hope it blesses you like it blessed us this morning!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't wait to hear from you!