Monday, May 4, 2009

James 1:17-18

Good morning!

James 1:17-18: Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all he created.


I bet we've all heard of this Scripture but I always seem to read passed verse 18. I can look all around me at every single good and perfect gift He has given me and can now see that it was given with a purpose. He created us to be examples of Him. We are His firstfruits for all mankind to look upon and see His truth! Gifts are given not just for you to be blessed, but for you to bless others with.

For example, I love taking pictures and I know the gift I have is from God. I've never taken photography classes or been classically trained. But He has given me the natural ability and I take it from there! Hearing people's comments about their pictures and seeing them so filled with joy is reward enough for me. Making money becomes secondary to seeing people blessed by my gift!

Another example is my African children I support every month. We don't have lots of money lying around but what we do have, I give back to help two families who are much more needy than I could ever think of being. Getting their letters in the mail and seeing the pictures they draw me warms my heart and I am blessed over and over again!

And lastly, you wouldn't think my children would be a gift for anyone else but I found out this weekend, that is not entirely so. We took the kids out to eat at Red Lobster Friday night and of course we attract a lot of attention. As we were leaving, an older lady who was sitting near us and was watching us the entire time, came up to me and asked if they were triplets. I said, "Yes Ma'am!" She told me how beautiful they were and thanked me for the dinner entertainment! She wasn't being rude or funny, she was serious! Watching my babies play and laugh and throw stuff on the ground was a joy to her and she was grateful to me for sharing them with her. That certainly wasn't my intention but I was glad that we made her night.

The more I live, the more I realize all the meaning and purpose God has behind everything He does. So don't hide your gifts and keep them to yourself. God created you for a reason...to be an example of His truth...a vessel that gives back to His creation.

Have a wonderful week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't wait to hear from you!