Thursday, April 30, 2009

Hebrews 13:8

Good morning!

Hebrews 13:8: Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.


This is my favorite verse in the Bible for so many reasons. I am reminded of it so many times as I go through different stages in my life. So many things change around me, but Jesus stays the same. My emotions are all over the place, but Jesus stays the same. I stray to the left and to the right, but Jesus stays the same. I struggle at times with doubt, I constantly sin, I wrestle with fear trying to overtake my peace, but Jesus stays the same.

He is faith, hope, peace, compassion, strength, humility, power, truth, love, and everlasting life. The same way He was on this earth is the same way He is now in Heaven. He loved you and prayed for you on earth just as He is loving and praying for you now in Heaven, seated at the right hand of the Father. On earth, He loved the tax collector and sinner the same as He loved His disciples. In Heaven, He loves the alcoholic and prisoner the same as He loves His missionaries.

For me, He is the only constant in my life in which I can always depend upon. Because He never changes, my faith never changes. I know who I am because He was the Christ yesterday, He is the Christ today and will be the Christ...forever.

I bet I could write forever on this one short verse. But the main point I want to get across is no matter what you are going through or what you face in life, Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. Lean on Him, depend on Him, trust in Him. I hope that brings the same comfort to your heart that it does to mine. Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't wait to hear from you!