Sunday, April 19, 2009

Psalm 139:13-16

Good afternoon!

Psalm 139:13-16: For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.


There are rare occasions when I miss doing a Quick Word and having sick kids is one of them. Anna came down with a high fever and bad cough out of nowhere Thursday and that night was really bad. I took her into the doctor Friday and was told she had the croup and to watch for wheezing and breathing troubles. Well of course, her breathing started to get worse Friday night and by Saturday morning, she was really struggling to breathe. I watched as her chest sunk deeply in, every breath she took. She was wheezing loudly and had no voice at all. Her cry was even silent because her throat I am sure was so dry and irritated. So we spent a couple hours at the ER Saturday morning to find out it had turned into bronchitis. She got two breathing treatments and some steroids to help her breathing. She is so much better today and is on antibiotics so we hope the cough will be gone soon too.

I think I would have been a lot more nervous if it hadn't been for my mom's email.

Friday morning, I emailed my mom and step-dad, asking them to prayer for her as I didn't know what was wrong with her. She seemed like she was in so much pain and I knew they would pray for her. My mom emailed me back the coolest reply. I like to call this a "God-story"!

"Poor Anna!!! I’m so sorry. I was just sitting in my car before I came into work a few mins ago listening to a song and the Lord spoke to me about Anna and said “she is mine – do not worry about her”. So, I just prayed for her – not knowing that anything was wrong. Isn’t the Lord so awesome!!!"

My mom was praying before I ever told her anything was wrong. Why? Because Anna belongs to the Lord. He created her and knit her together in all His wonder. He knew her before her body was ever formed. Every single day of her life, He has ordained and set into place for a reason. There is no reason for me to worry..."She is Mine!"

After I read that email, I just looked up and said, "Thank You." Sometimes, He just amazes me. Sometimes, He seems so very close. Sometimes, His goodness overwhelms me.

His works are wonderful, I know that full well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't wait to hear from you!