Thursday, April 23, 2009

1 John 2:5-6

Good morning!

1 John 2:5-6: But if anyone obeys his word, God's love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him: Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.


Those are large shoes to fill don't you think?! I think this sometimes makes people feel defeated. As hard as they try, they feel inadequate and so far from how Jesus walked here on earth that they just give up trying. But instead of comparing yourselves to Jesus (which is impossible), pick something everyday to do more like Him. Love others. Include people into your lives that you normally wouldn't or that the world tells you don't belong. Pray for others, all night if you have to. Speak truth instead of lies. Turn the other cheek instead of always being confrontational. Smile and be tender. Forgive your brother. Forgive your mother. Forgive your father. Forgive your neighbor.

The biggest difference in the way Jesus loved others than we do is that He showed His love by His actions and in truth. We tend to only show love with words. Words are empty and are soon forgotten but actions backed by truth will stay with a person long afterward.

Obey His word and you are given every power to be more like Jesus. God's love is made complete in you and people start to notice you are different. Of course we are all human and are going to have bad days. But the one thing I don't want people to think when they meet me is, "I can't believe she is a Christian. I never would have guessed!"

Jesus is in me and I want Him to visible to everyone else. So everyday, I practice walking in those huge shoes! Sure I stumble sometimes but He is always there to help me up and send me on my way again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't wait to hear from you!