Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Haggai 1:5-6, 9

Good morning!

Haggai 1:5-6, 9: Now this is what the LORD Almighty says: "Give careful thought to your ways. You have planted much, but have harvested little. You eat, but never have enough. You drink, but never have your fill. You put on clothes, but are not warm. You earn wages, only to put them in a purse with holes in it. You expected much, but see, it turned out to be little. What you brought home, I blew away. Why?" declares the LORD Almighty. "Because of my house, which remains a ruin, while each of you is busy with his own house."


For years, I was consumed with getting pregnant. Once I found out that IVF was the only way, I dug deep into that world and learned all that I could. I became an expert on drugs, medical terms, a woman's anatomy! I was poked and prodded and even though I feared needles, was all of a sudden sticking my one self with them without a problem. I analyzed every tingle in my body as if it were a pregnancy symptom. I worried every minute of every day, waiting through the two weeks that it took to be able to see if I was pregnant. It was all I talked about and all I thought about. Sure, I prayed but I always wanted others to pray for me. I never surrended that problem over to Him and let Him take the reigns. I never studied His Word for answers; I instead turned to online websites for help.

As soon as I gave up being consumed with trying to be Miss Queen IVF, He took over as I re-focused my days on Him. My relationship with Him was more important to me than becoming a mother. When I prayed, I was no longer begging, I was praying for His will to be done. And I meant it.

And suddenly, what I had planted turned into a huge harvest! My soul was no longer hungry and it was quenched of thirst. I was covered in His peace and no longer felt cold and alone. He made ways financially where there hadn't been before and we never have had to want since. I expected to be a mother by whatever ways He planned but instead became of mother of high order multiples! Now, my house is full of Him. My children are reminders to me everyday of His will being carried out in His timing and in His way.

I believe that God has a purpose and plan for EVERYONE on this earth. There is a house of His that He wants you to work in...for His glory. If we chose to do this, every need of ours will be met, satisfaction will be ours, and bountiful harvests of blessings will sustain us. But somehow it is so easy to get caught up in our own house, busying ourselves with everything else besides doing what God wants us to do.

What are you hanging onto for dear life? Is your house and all the things in it more important than what God is calling you to do? Is your relationship with the Lord in ruin, while you are scurrying around, busying yourself with nonsense that is getting you nowhere? Give careful thought to your ways. Don't wait as long as I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't wait to hear from you!