Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Isaiah 40:11

Good morning!

Isaiah 40:11: He tends his flock like a shepherd; He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young.


Such a cool verse for God to bring me to this morning! After days of reading and studying on prayer, and praying for Brady and believing in healing, I've gotten worn out. Sometimes, all I can think about is cancer and the what ifs. If this is how I am reacting lately, I can't imagine what Brady's Mom is going through! But I am so glad Jesus is our Good Shepherd and He gathers us in His arms and carries us, not piggy back style, not on his shoulders, but close to his heart. All I can picture is what I know...when my babies were little and they would lay on my chest when they were tired or when they were crying, the only way to get them to stop was to hold them tight in my arms...their heart touching my heart. I believe like lambs who are supposed to go a certain way, when we can't make it, He gathers us up, carries us close to stop the tears, and gently leads us to where we need to be. He tends to us, He stands by us, He is our caretaker and overseer, He watches over us, He pays attention to us...because He loves us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't wait to hear from you!