Monday, April 20, 2009

Psalm 121:7-8

Good morning! Don't forget to scroll down and read the post from Sunday. Since I missed Friday, I wrote a special Sunday Quick Word! :)

Psalm 121:7-8: The LORD will keep you from all harm - he will watch over your life; the LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.


Of course we have all heard this at one time or another. We know that God watches over us. If you've been a Christian since you were little, these verses may not hold much residence in your heart. It may just be old news to you. But to me, who lived 21 years without knowing this promise, it means the world to me. Now that I am a believer, I can look back and see how in fact God did keep me from harm. It seemed I used to purposefully place myself in all kinds of situations that could have turned out really bad. But He watched over me...not just now that I am a Christian but also when I was not. He has watched over my whole life and will continue to do so. Now and forevermore.

And for those of you who haven't always walked His path when you knew you should, He was still there, keeping you from harm...watching where you were going. He was there even if you were not. Even if you turned your back completely on Him, He was there. Our willingness to recognize or acknowledge Him has no bearing on His promise to always be there to keep you from harm. When you run back to Him, and I hope all of you do if you haven't already, your eyes will be opened to all the harm He has kept you from. You'll be able to feel the indentations on your shoulders from Him leading you through all your comings and goings. And you'll want to keep praising Him for never leaving you.

I never saw Him before while He was watching over me. Now and forevermore, I see Him...watching over my life, keeping me from all harm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't wait to hear from you!