Thursday, April 2, 2009

Hebrews 10:23

Good morning!

Hebrews 10:23: Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.

The whole time I was going through years of trying to become pregnant, it literally felt like I was holding on for dear life to a tight rope, what I can see on one side and what I can't see on the other end, playing tug o' war with each other. I had a word God had spoken to me years earlier that I was hanging on to but it seemed so far away. The more I tried in my own strength to pull it closer, the more I grew weary as it seemed to move farther out of reach. Over those years, I learned to stop pulling so hard and just hold on to that rope. I pictured in my mind what God had promised and started to believe it would come to pass. No doctor's negative advice would weaken my grip one bit on that rope. My faith was growing and I was holding. I trusted wholeheartedly on that word from God and now my grip was as tight as it had ever been. Nothing and no one would tear my hands away from that rope. And one day (June 4, 2007 to be exact!), I realized I had won that game of tug o' war without even realizing I had been winning all along! Five years I waited to hear those words, "You are pregnant" and half of that time I wasted by worrying and stressing and not believing God's promise. But as soon as I professed it out loud and believed it in my heart, God did the rest as I just held on to that rope. And as I laid there getting our 1st sonogram and seeing three babies, all I could think was...He who promised was faithful indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't wait to hear from you!