Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Hebrews 10:37-39

Good afternoon!

Hebrews 10:37-39: For in just a very little while, "He who is coming will come and will not delay. But my righteous one will live by faith. And if he shrinks back, I will not be pleased with him." But we are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who believe and are saved.

We believe that any minute He is coming back. Jesus is coming in just a very little while. I love that! God's sense of time is VERY different from ours but that very well could mean what it says! But somehow we all have gotten accustomed to living like that is not for our generation. Jesus couldn't possibly come now. I imagine our lives would be filled with so much more passion, expectation, excitement, creativity, and wonderment if we lived every day by faith, believing this was the day when we would see the clouds part. Every day we woke up and waited to see Jesus face to face. Nothing would be able to stop us or deter us from living for Him. Nothing would be able to wipe the smiles off our faces.

Sadly, we get so caught up in this world and we forget today could be the day. I would hate for that day to come and I am all caught up in unbelief, worry, weakness, and sin. I don't want to be passed by because I have shrunk so far back in the background. I want to be standing out in front, waving my hands, jumping up and down, heart bursting with joy as I see what I have believed is realized.

I love The Message version of this and I think it sums everything up! I'll close with it...have a great rest of the day everyone!
It won't be long now, he's on the way; he'll show up most any minute. But anyone who is right with me thrives on loyal trust; if he cuts and runs, I won't be very happy. But we're not quitters who lose out. Oh, no! We'll stay with it and survive, trusting all the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't wait to hear from you!